Do you ever hire people without disabilities?

We do hire in the competitive market.  When that happens, the jobs are posted with media, hiring agencies, and on our website.

I know someone with a disability who may qualify for a job. Where can I send them, or who can they talk to?

The first place to send them is to the local Texas Workforce Solutions – Vocational Rehabilitative Services office.  You can also contact Work Services Corporation who will be able to assist you in contacting the proper agencies.

What type of disability do I have to have to get a job?

Disabilities are not a requirement for a job; however, some of our contracts require a minimum 75% ratio of people with disabilities.  WSC makes necessary decisions when selecting candidates for a job.  Having said that, a qualifying disability can typically be anything that affects one of the major life functions.  For more information, click here.

How do I get a job at Sheppard AFB?

Check our “job posting” page and apply for jobs as they post or contact the Human Services Department for additional assistance.  You may also follow up with Texas Workforce Solutions – Vocational Rehabilitation Services (TWS-VRS) for services.

I need proof I work at WSC, what do I do?

All requests for employment references by an employee, former employee, or prospective employee should be directed to Human Resources.  Requests should be submitted in writing and must include a signed release from the employee, former employee, or prospective employee.  These requests can be submitted in person, via mail, or via fax.

Where can I get another W2?

Coordinate directly with payroll using this form:

Where can I get a copy of my last paycheck?

Coordinate with payroll directly by using the form below.

What do I do to change my phone number?

Complete the employee personal change record form and submit to Human Resources.

What do I do to change my address?

Complete the employee personal change record form and submit to Human Resources.

What do I do to change my name?

In order to change your name, you need to bring a new social security card with the updated name to Human Resources.

How do I update my W4/Federal Tax Withholding?

Complete a new Form W4.  Return the completed form to Payroll.

When do I receive my first paycheck?

Depending on your start date your first paycheck will be paid the following Friday after the pay period ends.  If you begin at the beginning of a pay period, you will not receive a paycheck until the third Friday after your start date.  There is no week held back, all your time worked, will be paid on your first paycheck.  Pay weeks are Friday through Thursday. Pay periods are two pay weeks long. Pay dates are every other Friday, also known as bi-weekly.  Contact Payroll directly using the form below.

How do I apply for a position with WSC?

Go to the Job Posting page on the WSC website and click on the posting. Follow the instructions for completing and submitting the application. You may also check the Recruiting People with Disabilities page.